A FoodFirst Global Restaurant Line Cook is an hourly, non-exempt Team Member who reports directly to the Executive Chef. The Line Cook provides quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets in accordance with company standards. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrates and shares a solid knowledge of the FoodFirst Global Restaurant menu, and ensures proper preparation of all food items to consistently meet standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of all menu items, recipes and ingredients
- Quickly learns new recipes, cooking techniques and menu rollouts
- Follows recipes to ensure consistency in food
- Accurately answers guests’ and team members’ questions regarding the menu
- Contributes to food cost management through attentive dating, labeling, and rotation of inventory
- Follows prep sheet to ensure proper amounts and limits waste
- Maintain a complete knowledge of property layouts, table/seat/station numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, and hours of operation, price ranges and dress codes
- Maintains complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation methods, cook time, major ingredients, quality standards, taste, appearance of products, texture, serving temperature, garnish and plate presentation
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to multiple guests within any given period of time
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work area
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and FoodFirst Global Restaurant standards of operation
- Meet with Chefs to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Inspect cleanliness and organization of line workstations; rectify deficiencies and maintain throughout the shift
Position Requirements: (Education, Knowledge, Training, Experience, Licenses, Certifications)
High-school degree, or one to two years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed by uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled format
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Amount of time spent on the job in the following physical activities:
- Sit:______________________________________under 1/3
- Use hands to finger,handle or feel:___________under 1/3
- Reach with hands and arms:_________________1/3 to 2/3
- Climb or balance:__________________________under 1/3
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:_______________1/3 to 2/3
The employee will be expected to lift up to 50 pounds
The employee will be expected to have the following vision requirements:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
The employee must be able to maintain a strong pace, and travel as necessary.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.